Rare Diseases News
Infantile Spasms Awareness Week (ISAW), December 6-10, 2013
In 2009, the Child Neurology Foundation proudly announced the creation of Infantile Spasms Awareness Week. The goal of IS Awareness Week is to provide pediatricians, child neurologists, parents and caregivers with objective educational tools which will increase awareness and understanding of infantile spasms. Early and aggressive treatment can impact the prognosis of infants diagnosed with IS. more...
Study Finds Bill to Protect Patient Access to Medically Necessary Treatments Would Have Negligible Impact on Insurance Premiums
A bill to protect access to medically necessary treatments for patients with chronic, disabling, and life-threatening conditions would not significantly increase medical insurance premiums according to a study released today by the Coalition for Accessible Treatments. more...
GW researchers have been awarded two grants from the McKesson Foundation as part of its Mobilizing for Health initiative, an initiative to improve the health of underserved populations with chronic diseases through the use of mobile-phone technology. more...
Welcome to MedVal Scientific Information Services
Thank you for visiting our web site. We're pleased that you found us and hope that you've discovered some useful information. We have big plans for the site, and encourage you to check back often for news and information about our company and our site. Over the next several months, we'll be transforming the site into a content-rich community where you can get the latest healthcare, medical, pharmaceutical, and scientific information. You'll be able to interact with patients, healthcare providers, industry leaders, and others who share your interests and concerns. And you'll become part of a community that will help to shape many aspects of the medical and scientific community.
Although we're new, MedVal Scientific Information Services has been providing support for the medical and scientific community for more than 15 years. As we continue to evolve and grow, you'll learn more about our capabilities and successful partnerships. We have some exciting and revolutionary new services in development, and we'll be announcing them soon. In the meantime, you can get more information about MedVal using the links to the right.
MedVal provides science-based education and information. By providing scientific communications and programs that encompass a mix of media (print, digital, and web) for healthcare providers, patients, family and friends, and caregivers, our goal is to help them become more aware of and knowledgeable about diseases and disease management. The result? Healthcare providers can better treat patients, and patients and caregivers can advocate for the best care to improve outcomes.
MedVal is focused on developing communications vehicles and technology platforms that facilitate and foster communication and information sharing among healthcare professionals, patients, supporters, and caregivers. MedVal's new product, the social network for rare diseases HopefulCircle.org, is an example of our approach.
Why MedVal? Here are a few reasons:
- Outstanding and impactful communications, supported by the excellence, range, and depth of our medical writing and program development staff.
- Assurance that your communications are fully compliant with all regulatory and legal requirements, by a staff trained in compliance and active in standards organizations like AMWA and ISMPP.
- Science professionals who understand your products, your constituents, and your markets including medical writers, medical editors, and scientific managers with diverse, advanced degrees in the life sciences.
- The right communication vehicles, including the expertise to turn Web 2.0 & 3.0 concepts into engaging information to educate and enlighten all stakeholders in medical care.
- A keen understanding of the importance of research, supported by an in-house, fully staffed medical library
- Communications that rise above the ordinary with the creativity and innovation of MedVal's award-winning graphic artists
For more information, or to discuss ways in which we can help you exceed your goals, please contact us at 609-945-8821, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org